Just like their high-achieving incentive guests, our client had high expectations for this multiple day incentive program. They wanted the welcome reception, activity program and final night dance party to showcase an integrated theme of the true Canadian Rockies culture and be outdoors as much as possible.
- Banff was a new destination for us and as the newbies we had to prove ourselves to both our hotel partners and local vendors.
- Planning large events and programs in Banff National Park comes with a unique set of rules and regulations.
- Welcome reception had to feel off-site yet be on the hotel property in an outdoor setting close enough so guests could walk.
- Welcome reception and final night dance party had to be in two different outdoor locations that both felt private and exclusive.
- Both events required indoor back-ups that would still offer big impact for the guests.
- Client desired specific décor pieces for the final night dance party which needed to be incorporated into the theme.
- Welcome Reception: we secured Spray Meadows, an open green space next to the Bow River within walking distance of the Fairmont Banff Springs.
- We designed a “Rocky Mountain Market” with 8 unique, fresh market stations featuring locally sourced food and wines, and a mobile stage for a local band.
- Final Night Party: Banff Centre for the Arts and Creativity is celebrated for doing things a bit differently. It was the ideal location to combine being outdoors, while having a large enough indoor space as backup.
- We showcased the client’s vintage circus pieces in a carnival themed, reception style dinner followed by rocking out under the stars to iconic Canadian band, Barenaked Ladies.
- For the Top Tier group we chartered the exclusive Royal Canadian Pacific Train for a cocktail reception en route from Banff to Lake Louise, a private function that evening at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, and a champagne brunch aboard the return train to Banff the following morning.
- Guests were invited to select hosted activities of their choice over three days. The logistics behind offering 15 different activities each day to accommodate all 700 guests was an opportunity our team enthusiastically seized.
Award Winning Results
By thoughtfully combining exciting activities, stunning outdoor events and creative ways to recognize the Top Tier winners, we delivered on our client’s vision for an authentic Canadian Rockies experience. The success of this program was our big moment in Banff. We garnered great friendships and solidified partnerships, challenged traditional ways of using spaces and helped bring back larger incentives to this resort community.
...another huge success... tremendous amount of support we received from your team in both the pre-planning and on-site execution... we were just blown away and loved seeing our vision really come to light.
Your team planned and executed our client’s BEST PROGRAM EVER!
PDS made this evening one of the most memorable events in the history of our client’s 35+ years of programs. As you could tell from the standing ovations on both evenings, this event was stunning and magical!
it was the best ever in the 50 years we have been hosting this prestigious event. ..the standing ovation at the end of the evening said it all!
Our winners, spouses and hosts had the time of their lives! They loved every minute of it... that was the BEST final night event... Please know how much you helped me and my team create such a once of a lifetime experience in Victoria!
...you ALL absolutely KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK! .... my email hasn’t stopped buzzing... congratulated us on the design, production & flawless execution of this event.
I feel so excited to share my gratitude with you all! This is exactly the partnership that I was aiming for...YOU ARE ALL MY “A” TEAM.