Our discerning repeat client asked us what Whistler corporate outdoor event we would design if we could produce anything at all. We set out to create a signature experience that captured Whistler’s natural splendour, married with transcendent music, and celebrated fresh, local BC food and wine sourced within 100 miles (160kms) of the resort.
- The client wanted to dine out under the stars with absolutely no tenting! Whistler is a mountain resort and weather can change at a moment’s notice.
- A small, lakeside park footprint presents limitations for a 900-person outdoor event.
- The toad migration at Lost Lake happens annually around the same time as this event.
- Create this lakeside, sensory experience for 450 guests over two back-to-back evenings. While the first event is on, the other 450 guests enjoy a Whistler Village dine-around, then swap experiences the following evening.
- Design a 7,100 square foot dining platform with two-tiers, constructed for maximum guest comfort and optimizing event sight lines.
- Compliment the surrounding lake and forest environment with a “natural elements meets crystal glamour” décor theme.
- A Kabuki drop under the saddle span tent to reveal the 60-piece Vancouver Symphony Orchestra with a choreographed visual presentation on a centre LED wall.
- Build “toad shoots” under the event staging to allow for possible migratory access between the lake and the park.
Award Winning Results
A standing ovation on both evenings and the happiest Event Director you ever did see. We made history in Whistler with the first event of this kind. As a result of hearing the lakeside orchestra, the locals launched the idea with the Municipality to bring the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra to Whistler, where they performed every summer for eight years.
PDS made this evening one of the most memorable events in the history of our client’s 35+ years of programs. As you could tell from the standing ovations on both evenings, this event was stunning and magical!
Your team planned and executed our client’s BEST PROGRAM EVER!
...another huge success... tremendous amount of support we received from your team in both the pre-planning and on-site execution... we were just blown away and loved seeing our vision really come to light.
it was the best ever in the 50 years we have been hosting this prestigious event. ..the standing ovation at the end of the evening said it all!
Our winners, spouses and hosts had the time of their lives! They loved every minute of it... that was the BEST final night event... Please know how much you helped me and my team create such a once of a lifetime experience in Victoria!
...you ALL absolutely KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK! .... my email hasn’t stopped buzzing... congratulated us on the design, production & flawless execution of this event.
I feel so excited to share my gratitude with you all! This is exactly the partnership that I was aiming for...YOU ARE ALL MY “A” TEAM.