Our client wanted to thank his local Vancouver team and partners for their dedicated work navigating through the COVID-19 pandemic. One of his primary objectives was to spread business amongst several vendors to help rebuild the corporate meeting and event industry. Whistler was the perfect location for this 3-day corporate leadership development retreat.
- Multiple venue site-inspections to produce detailed floorplans and safety protocols based on codes put in place by the Provincial Health Authority before the program could be confirmed.
- Program redesign during the planning process due to some venue closures.
- Ensure all vendors and venues followed our provincially approved safety protocols.
- Design an impactful 3-day leadership retreat program that adhered to safety protocols while still engaging guests in a meaningful and celebratory way.
- Create an environment that made all guests feel welcome and safe while outside of their pandemic social bubbles.
- We approached program design with a laser-focused lens of intentional content, weaving local culture through venues, art, catering, décor, motivational speakers and entertainment.
- Consistent COVID-19 Safety Protocol Stations at each venue, including “Social Q’s” tri-coloured bracelets, helped guests become accustomed to our safety measures.
- Frequent communication with all guests before and during the program outlining our safety protocols and personally addressing any questions created a high comfort level.
- Welcome lunch and dinner with Indigenous cuisine and an Indigenous guest speaker focusing on individuals’ roles in societal inclusivity.
- Olympic Gold Medalist Simon Whitfield inspired guests on his journey to overcome hardships to win gold.
- “Feast-in-the-field” outdoor dining celebrated the best of local produce. After dinner, the barn doors opened to reveal a stylish lounge and a surprise performance by Canadian singers/songwriters Chantal Kreviazuk + Raine Maida.
- Industry experts led a thought-provoking panel session about rebuilding corporate culture in a post-pandemic world.
- Farewell lunch on a floatplane dock with stunning views of mountains and emerald-coloured water.
This meeting mattered. We were reminded of how important human connection is to celebrate achievements and develop leadership skills. We demonstrated that by working closely with our client and vendor partners, we can create responsible, safe programs during the pandemic that are engaging and significant to participants. The success of this program helped jump-start the meeting industry in Western Canada and position our client as a thought leader in his industry.
The amount of detail that went into this event is incredible, and its flawless execution despite the COVID-19 protocols was even more startling. Thank you and your fabulous team!
I feel so excited to share my gratitude with you all! This is exactly the partnership that I was aiming for...YOU ARE ALL MY “A” TEAM.
Your team planned and executed our client’s BEST PROGRAM EVER!
...another huge success... tremendous amount of support we received from your team in both the pre-planning and on-site execution... we were just blown away and loved seeing our vision really come to light.
PDS made this evening one of the most memorable events in the history of our client’s 35+ years of programs. As you could tell from the standing ovations on both evenings, this event was stunning and magical!
it was the best ever in the 50 years we have been hosting this prestigious event. ..the standing ovation at the end of the evening said it all!
Our winners, spouses and hosts had the time of their lives! They loved every minute of it... that was the BEST final night event... Please know how much you helped me and my team create such a once of a lifetime experience in Victoria!
...you ALL absolutely KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK! .... my email hasn’t stopped buzzing... congratulated us on the design, production & flawless execution of this event.