For this intimate welcome event of the Incentive Industry’s brightest minds, our goal was to design a comfortable, elegant, engaging and cozy space for them to discuss the future of events. As the local host DMC, it was important that we took good care of our international colleagues.
- This Leadership Forum was planned by a Board and sponsored by a mix of industry suppliers, each with their own ideas of success.
- Provide a memorable evening different from other events taking place during the program, without knowing the other event’s theme décor.
- Draw inspiration from the panoramic water and mountain views to create a Hygge-inspired environment that nourishes the mind, body and spirit in Vancouver style.
- Divide the event into 3 harmonious zones: Community Reception, Gathering Lounges and Family Dining.
- Community Reception: Guests were invited to participate in paint-by-number murals.
- 2 Gathering Lounges: The outdoor lounge area included oversized lamps and woven furniture with stunning waterfront views. The indoor lounge welcomed guests with oversized leather couches, fluffy pillows, deep wood accents and knit throws along with puzzles and games.
- Family Dining: Guests were invited to a Chef’s Table with BC wine pairing. A singer guitarist added to the warm atmosphere.
- After dinner pastry station with a hot beverages bar.
Award Winning Results
“Hygge” is described as a quality of coziness and comfortable conviviality that stimulates a feeling of contentment or well-being with friends. Moments were spent on the patio soaking up the views, playing games, dining family-style, and painting murals. Guests lingered, the lounges were humming with deep conversation and laughter, and new connections were made. Mission accomplished!
I feel so excited to share my gratitude with you all! This is exactly the partnership that I was aiming for...YOU ARE ALL MY “A” TEAM.
Your team planned and executed our client’s BEST PROGRAM EVER!
...another huge success... tremendous amount of support we received from your team in both the pre-planning and on-site execution... we were just blown away and loved seeing our vision really come to light.
PDS made this evening one of the most memorable events in the history of our client’s 35+ years of programs. As you could tell from the standing ovations on both evenings, this event was stunning and magical!
it was the best ever in the 50 years we have been hosting this prestigious event. ..the standing ovation at the end of the evening said it all!
Our winners, spouses and hosts had the time of their lives! They loved every minute of it... that was the BEST final night event... Please know how much you helped me and my team create such a once of a lifetime experience in Victoria!
...you ALL absolutely KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK! .... my email hasn’t stopped buzzing... congratulated us on the design, production & flawless execution of this event.