Award-Winning Destination and Event Management Company is recruiting for our next exceptional management team member.
EVENT DESIGN & PRODUCTION MANAGER
Our Company Culture
At PDS, we embrace a culture of excellence fueled by commitment and accountability. We value diversity of experience and thought. We foster an environment where our people can thrive.
It’s quite simple. We believe working with the best people delivers the best results. We are #BrilliantTogether.
Do You Align with Our Core Values?
Authentic relationships anchor our values-based workplace culture. Our core values are:
Do you have a deep understanding of the live event production landscape in Western Canada? If yes, then you may have just found your next fulfilling career opportunity as PDS’s Event Design & Production Manager. Read on……
Is This You?
- Have a strong sense of curiosity and boundless imagination
- Have exceptional budget and project management skills
- Am recognized for my ability to inspire teams and communicate effectively
- Am excited by telling corporate clients’ stories through experiential environments
- Am inspired by continuous improvement and bored by the status quo
- Am committed to high service standards and excellence at every stage of project evolution
What You Will Do
As an event designer and experience curator of world-class events, you will:
- Help PDS dream big for our corporate clients, translating the essence of Western Canadian culture and destination highlights through authentic contemporary design
- Guide the creation, planning, and execution of impactful corporate event experiences that light up the hearts and minds of our clients
- Assume oversight of the PDS Event portfolio and provide leadership in R&D, production best practices and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with internal teams while managing bespoke external teams per project
- Contribute to annual revenue targets, supporting company values and standards
- Provide vision to and support for Business Development around concepts and budgets
- Build and oversee teams required to fulfill planning and production needs
- Imagine and develop engaging concepts for events, activations and live experiences
- Build and scale concepts to different levels of investment
- Assist with site inspections, sales/client meetings and presentations
- Coordinate and manage projects for a variety of clients with clear strategies and effective leadership
- Manage and monitor all deadlines related to each program (including internal)
- Represent PDS onsite as lead for event execution
- Excellent design skills, including experience with décor or set design, technical production and logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with sales and client / account management
- Excellent time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects under pressure
- In-depth understanding of budgets, contracts, pricing and project management models
- Proficiency with design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Affinity Designer, Canva etc.)
- Proficiency with diagramming software (Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Revit etc.)
- University degree and/or relevant post-secondary diploma/certification
- 8-10 years experience in corporate event production
- In-office or hybrid (min. 3 days/week in-office) from our Vancouver office
- Business travel is required several times per year for events and professional development
- Scheduling flexibility. Evening and weekend work is routinely required when executing client programs.
- Considerable time in front of a computer screen is required as this role is primarily office-based, generally during traditional office hours
- This position reports to the Director of Company Operations and is a full-time role.
Position Details + Contact
The salary range for this full-time position is CDN $75,000 to $90,000 per year plus medical benefits.
Please email your resume and cover letter before Thursday, February 29 to:
Jennifer Burton, President
Thank you for your interest. No telephone calls please. We will contact qualified candidates directly.